There are so many books that are published each year by authors that we have become used to that sometime we forget or miss those authors who might not yet have the name recognition of some of our favorites. Conversations Book Club has read over 100 books this year, and though we can't give equal time to every author and title, we wanted you to know those books that made an impact on us.
Here is our list of books you should add to your reading list:
* "Beauty and the Beast" by Deatri King-Bey
* "The Trifling Times of Nathan Jones" by Moses Miller
* "The Prayer Chest" by August Gold and Joel Fotinos
* "The Weekend" by P. Elaine Archie
* "Back and Forth" by Fon James
* "On Fire" by Patricia Sargeant
* "52 Broad Street" by Diane Dorce'
* "Sandrine's Letter to Tomorrow" by Dedra Johnson
* "No Men Need Apply" by V. Lovell Brigham
* "A Letter to My Sisters" by Voncele Savage
* "Diaries of a Dead Woman" by Alicia Rice*
"Too Little, Too Late" by Portia A. Cosby
* "Girl, Naw!" by Lacricia A. Peters
* "Slow Burn" by Ebony Farashuu
* "The Street Life Series" by Kevin M. Weeks
* "The Mouse That Roared" by Dwayne Murray Sr.
"Authors We Love" Highlights
- Why Conversations is addicted to books
- REVEALED: Conversations' Top 20 Summer Reads of 2009
- Authors We Have Hosted, 2008
- Authors and Artists We Have Conversed With, 2008
- "Most Fascinating Author of 2008"
- "Most Fascinating Author of 2007"
- REVEALED: Conversations' Best Kept Literary Secrets of 2008!
- Conversations reveals its "Best Kept Secrets of 2007" here!
- REVEALED: Conversations' Top 100 of 2008!
- Conversations' Top 20 Summer Reads, 2008
- Conversations recognizes authors with its "Readers Choice" Program