"Authors We Love" Highlights
- Why Conversations is addicted to books
- REVEALED: Conversations' Top 20 Summer Reads of 2009
- Authors We Have Hosted, 2008
- Authors and Artists We Have Conversed With, 2008
- "Most Fascinating Author of 2008"
- "Most Fascinating Author of 2007"
- REVEALED: Conversations' Best Kept Literary Secrets of 2008!
- Conversations reveals its "Best Kept Secrets of 2007" here!
- REVEALED: Conversations' Top 100 of 2008!
- Conversations' Top 20 Summer Reads, 2008
- Conversations recognizes authors with its "Readers Choice" Program
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
From The Desk of Conversations Book Club President Cyrus A. Webb:
"That is the only way I know to describe the author who helped Conversations Book Club begin its journey as a leading authority in the literary world. After all, thanks to our literary partner TRICOM PUBLICITY (http://www.tricomweb.com), he was the first author who we hosted in 2007, beginning what would be a whirlwind first year for our book club.
"Though he only spent one day with us back in January 2007, his visit is still talked about today. There are so many ways to describe him: Bestselling author (New York Times and Essence), Publisher (Urban Books and Q-Boro Books), Visionary (the man behind the nonfiction publishing of Percy "Master P" Miller's book and Trailblazer. Think about it: out of the 32 authors we have hosted in 2007, six of them have worked with him or alongside him. And if you consider the 68 conference call discussions our book club has had this year with authors, 15 of them are published by him! To top that off, two authors who have nothing to do with his growing franchise (namely Travis Hunter and Wahida Clark) sing his praises as someone who helped them either break into the business or give them a boost to their careers.
"I remember the first time I spoke with him on the phone. I was doing an interview for Conversations Magazine, and it amazed me at how he managed to be both humble and confident about the success he had experienced. At that time, near the end of 2006, he was promoting a novel he co-wrote with another New York Times Bestselling author (Mary B. Morrison). As we go into 2008, this individual has already set his sights on new accomplishments: a new book as well as a new series featuring Flynt, Michigan that is sure to put the world on fire.
"It is with great pleasure that I present to you my pick as "Most Fascinating Author of 2007", Bestselling author Carl Weber."