"Authors We Love" Highlights
- Why Conversations is addicted to books
- REVEALED: Conversations' Top 20 Summer Reads of 2009
- Authors We Have Hosted, 2008
- Authors and Artists We Have Conversed With, 2008
- "Most Fascinating Author of 2008"
- "Most Fascinating Author of 2007"
- REVEALED: Conversations' Best Kept Literary Secrets of 2008!
- Conversations reveals its "Best Kept Secrets of 2007" here!
- REVEALED: Conversations' Top 100 of 2008!
- Conversations' Top 20 Summer Reads, 2008
- Conversations recognizes authors with its "Readers Choice" Program
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
From The Desk of Conversations Book Club President Cyrus A. Webb:
"That is the only way I know to describe the author who helped Conversations Book Club begin its journey as a leading authority in the literary world. After all, thanks to our literary partner TRICOM PUBLICITY (http://www.tricomweb.com), he was the first author who we hosted in 2007, beginning what would be a whirlwind first year for our book club.
"Though he only spent one day with us back in January 2007, his visit is still talked about today. There are so many ways to describe him: Bestselling author (New York Times and Essence), Publisher (Urban Books and Q-Boro Books), Visionary (the man behind the nonfiction publishing of Percy "Master P" Miller's book and Trailblazer. Think about it: out of the 32 authors we have hosted in 2007, six of them have worked with him or alongside him. And if you consider the 68 conference call discussions our book club has had this year with authors, 15 of them are published by him! To top that off, two authors who have nothing to do with his growing franchise (namely Travis Hunter and Wahida Clark) sing his praises as someone who helped them either break into the business or give them a boost to their careers.
"I remember the first time I spoke with him on the phone. I was doing an interview for Conversations Magazine, and it amazed me at how he managed to be both humble and confident about the success he had experienced. At that time, near the end of 2006, he was promoting a novel he co-wrote with another New York Times Bestselling author (Mary B. Morrison). As we go into 2008, this individual has already set his sights on new accomplishments: a new book as well as a new series featuring Flynt, Michigan that is sure to put the world on fire.
"It is with great pleasure that I present to you my pick as "Most Fascinating Author of 2007", Bestselling author Carl Weber."
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Here is our list of books you should add to your reading list:
* "Beauty and the Beast" by Deatri King-Bey
* "The Trifling Times of Nathan Jones" by Moses Miller
* "The Prayer Chest" by August Gold and Joel Fotinos
* "The Weekend" by P. Elaine Archie
* "Back and Forth" by Fon James
* "On Fire" by Patricia Sargeant
* "52 Broad Street" by Diane Dorce'
* "Sandrine's Letter to Tomorrow" by Dedra Johnson
* "No Men Need Apply" by V. Lovell Brigham
* "A Letter to My Sisters" by Voncele Savage
* "Diaries of a Dead Woman" by Alicia Rice*
"Too Little, Too Late" by Portia A. Cosby
* "Girl, Naw!" by Lacricia A. Peters
* "Slow Burn" by Ebony Farashuu
* "The Street Life Series" by Kevin M. Weeks
* "The Mouse That Roared" by Dwayne Murray Sr.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Conversations Book Club is proud to be the official book club of Waldenbooks Metrocenter---and to celebrate we are glad to introduce a new program: READERS' CHOICE. Look for the Conversations logo when you visit the Waldenbooks in Jackson, MS and now that those are books that the group stands behind as quality reads.
For details, contact Waldenbooks Metrocenter at 601.969.6949.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
There is nothing like finishing a book that is a real conversation piece: one that you will not only reread for your personal enjoyment, but want to talk about because you want others to share in it. THAT is why we wanted "Authors We Love" to be something special in connection with Conversations Book Club.
With A.W.L. we didn't want to give you another meeting to attend or even another interview to read. On this site we are simply going to introduce you to the authors that we have fallen in love with---and hope that you have been able to share in our mission as well.
We just want to give you the best. Bottom line. It is also our goal that as you visit our site that you will be able to make suggestions to us of books that we should give a try. We have no fixed requirements. Just make sure that it is a book worth our time and effort. Want to write a review of the book or something about your experience during the book, then make sure that you log in and post it.
Conversations Book Club is here for you, and we hope that you will continue to enjoy what we bring to the table.
So what are you waiting for?
Join the addiction: Get HOOKED ON BOOKS! Main sites include CONVERSATIONS BOOK CLUB and READING MY LIPS.